Monday, October 20, 2003

Happiness is a warm coat

It's cold today. But I'm happy because that means I get to wear my new coat!

This coat is one of my new favourite things. I found it in a second-hand clothing store in Kensington Market the last week of September. I was in Toronto on a week-long training course, and my hotel was just around the corner from the building where the course was. Stupidly, I didn't bring a jacket on the trip, so I had to scurry, freezing, from hotel to building and back and basically avoided going out otherwise. That was for the first few days, and just my luck, Toronto was plunged into a cold spell with temperatures of about 3 C. After those first two days I decided enough was enough, and on our lunch break on the third day I jumped in a cab and went to Kensington Market.

I saw this coat in the second second-hand store I went to. I passed it by a couple of times and tried on other things. The reason I passed this one by was because it's pink, and I just don't wear pink, for whatever reason. Well, it kept catching my eye, mostly because of the Inuit embroidery on it. So I tried it on. It fit perfectly; I could tell right away it'd be super warm, and it looked good on me. Also, I know I'll never see another person wearing the same coat.

So I bought it. I even haggled the lady down by ten percent and got it for $45, which is a steal because it's in perfect condition and it's made really well. So now when the cold winds blow I say "Blow winds! I've got my pink coat and we're ready for ya!"

Now I've got to find the perfect hat and scarf to go with it. I'm thinking black or dusty blue.

Could I be any more silly and superficial? I'll be profound and intellectual on my next post; Promise.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?