Tuesday, October 21, 2003

rainy day people

Today is a dreary day. We've got that combination of heavy rain, wind and uncomfortable cold that makes it difficult to do anything outside, even walk to the bus stop.

But I'm lucky. I don't have to go anywhere today. I'm only working four days a week and I can pretty much decide for myself which day in the week I take off. I took today off because I wanted to go on my son's field trip to get pumpkins today, as a parent volunteer. Well, unfortunately that's cancelled because of "inclement" (I love that word that's only used in schools!) weather. My poor little guy. That's the second time he's had a trip postponed in the last month. But I guess that's what it's like when you live in Canada. Anyway, he doesn't seem to mind too much.

So maybe I'll take the kids to a movie this afternoon as a special treat, and maybe I'll go out to my local library this morning and get myself a couple of good books. Or maybe I'll just sit around in my cozy housecoat and eat peanut-butter toast and drink tea all day. Naah. That's not gonna happen. But it's nice to do it even for a little bit, when everybody else is scurrying off to work.

If only we had a fireplace. Hmmmm......

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?