Monday, November 17, 2003

Oh, I have been a bad blogger.

The combination of sickness, overwork, lack of sleep and those pesky little family and household responsibilities has kept me from my appointed posting.

My weekend was busy, and I was pretty damn sick, but I got to spend lots of time with my kids and my husband, and that made everything juuust fine. We managed to get out and buy ourselves some hats and mitts and scarves, and we're all kitted out until we lose all the newly-bought items, which should take about a week to ten days.

I just cancelled plans to take my daughter to a classical music concert on Thursday night. It sounds like it's going to be great, "The carnival of the animals" and "Peter and the wolf", with narration by (semi-) celebs. Why did I cancel? Well, I'm still sick, and super-busy at work, and D. has school Thursday night and the little one wasn't going to come with us, so we would have had to hire a sitter, and the whole thing takes place past bedtime on a school night, and there's a big reception that I would have a hard time getting away from... so I think I'm just gonna take a pass. I know it's wimpy, and if I weren't sick I'd say it's worth it, but....feh. Fortunately I'm in a position to get tickets to these sorts of things quite often, but they are not so frequently kid-friendly.


I'm looking forward to some good TV this week on PBS, like a documentary on the effect of JFK's assassination on the press in America (Wednesday night). I fear I am becoming a couch-potato, but I'm so spent by the evening that reading or watching TV is about all I can manage these days. I hope that I'll have more energy in the coming weeks and maybe I'll start up my evening walks again. I love walking on winter evenings. I always seem to start a new regimen of walking or running when the snow comes. I am drawn outdoors.

On a somewhat unrelated topic: I watched the "Matrix Reloaded" on the weekend. I hope to write a post in which I will compare it to "The Temple of Doom", second in the "Raiders of the Lost Ark" trilogy. This is not a compliment, in case you've forgotten that movie. At the risk of repeating what every Matrix geek has already said, like, six months ago: Reloaded blows.





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?