Monday, November 03, 2003

Report on the Weekend


Good weekend, great halloween night. I kind of crashed on Saturday, after all the work and excitement of halloween. I left work at 3 on Friday to go home and prepare the kids and the house for trick-or-treating. We had a great turnout, and the weather was so beautiful, we could just sit on the steps outside and give out the candy. Only one set of drunken teenagers, which I think is pretty good. I go easy on the drunken teenagers because I was one, and they're harmless, really.

Saturday was, as I say, kind of energyless. I had a hard time dragging my ass around. My daughter's friend came over and I took the three kids to the park. It was fun, but I made the mistake of telling them that I would give a piggyback to anyone who could find me a red leaf. They all found one, of course, and I used up my paltry reserves of energy nickering like a horse and clumping around the park with passengers.

The costume party was a semi-bust. My costume (mummy) didn't work. After all that agonizing, I didn't have enough bandages! I got to the end of my second arm, after having wrapped my head, and ran out. We tried toilet paper -- ripped. Tried paper towels -- looked bad and ripped when I moved. I ended up going as myself, and felt like a real schmo.

On the bright side, everyone else had fabulous costumes. I think my favourite was Doctor Evil. There was no shortage of fun people to admire and chat with. All in all, though, the party was a strangely subdued affair. But maybe that's just me, because I wasn't in the greatest spirits.

On Sunday we took the kids to a play, Hansel and Gretel. They loved it, and we all had a good time and just relaxed for the rest of the afternoon. It was a good day to end the weekend, except that I had a splitting headache...but what else is new?

Now on to a full week of work. Whose idea was this full-time work thing anyway?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?