Friday, December 12, 2003

Friday

We woke up this morning to a cold, dark house. Well, we pretty much always wake up to a cold dark house, but today it was colder because the power had been out since about 2:00 am. It was kind of fun, having breakfast by candlelight wearing sweaters and tuques. D. got out a little camping stove thingy and made me a coffee over it, which is very sweet if you ask me.

So it wasn't so hard to come into work today, where it is warm and I could get a toasted bagel and warm drinks whenever I please. Plus I'm leaving early because we have friends coming over for supper. D. has made Tiramisu for dessert. (Did I marry a fabulous guy or what?) Oh yeah, the power came back on later in the morning.

I have to make a bunch of calls to persuade famous people to do something they probably won't want to do, and I'm procrastinating like crazy. I want the famous people to like me, not dread the sound of my voice on the telephone! I'm not feeling very persuasive today either, though I am feeling very positive and surprisingly social. So maybe I should do it today; maybe the stars are aligned in my favour or some such jive.

Okay, I'm a do it! Later dudes!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?