Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Happy thoughts

Just got in to work, and I'm in a good mood. This despite the biting winds and bitter cold outside. Why am I in such a good mood? Well, my morning at home was sweet, as is usually the case. But the reason I feel particularly good is that several people smiled at me during my morning commute.

I'm not sure why they smiled, but they weren't just shy, looking-at-the-ground smiles; they were real smiles, like those you would give a friend or acquaintance. I tried not to let paranoia take over and check if I had a snot hanging out of my nose or runny mascara. I think that it was just a case of exuding good energy and getting it back from others. I believe this is the way things work with people.

And it made me feel good and smile at others, so the good energy gets passed along. Ain't that nice?

Try it! Try feeling light of heart and smiling at people you don't know today. Maybe you'll create a karmic chain whose reach you can't even imagine... Who knows, maybe one of them will be a labour union leader who will stop a riot before it starts, because he feels so positive all of a sudden!



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?