Monday, December 01, 2003

More movie talk

I'm starting to get itchy about The Return of the King!!! I can't wait to see this one, yet I feel kinda sad that it's going to be the last. At least I'll have the extended DVD version of the whole trilogy to look forward to. Being poor and without a DVD player, I haven't found it too difficult to resist buying the early extended packages, but whenever I hear what's on them I feel left out. I'm definitely expecting the final package for my birthday in May (hint hint)...

I'm definitely a big LOR fan from way back, and looked forward to the films as much as anyone, but I'm not an LOR geek, if you will. I don't know why this is; perhaps it's because none of my close friends or family were into LOR at all, so I never had anyone to talk to about it. The books were always my own solitary pleasure, at least until my husband read them all, then my dad. Now we talk about them a little, but now the films are out, so we tend to talk abut those rather than the books.

Anyway, I still can't believe that someone was able to realize the books for the screen with such success. Peter Jackson has achieved something I thought was impossible.

I finally had a doctor's appointment last Friday and the whole family got to hear the baby's heartbeat. It was so neat! I was relieved because it was the first time for me with this one, and it's a very reassuring thing to hear that watery little **whuh whuh whuh whuh** that tells you everything appears to be working, insofar as we can tell before the ultrasound. The ultrasound will be on Christmas Eve! That was the only appointment I could get before mid-January. I don't mind, but I think it means we won't have our usual Christmas Eve open house. Seeing as nobody ever comes to our Christmas Eve open house, that doesn't seem like such a terrible hardship.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?