Monday, December 08, 2003

The social whirl.

The Christmas socializing season has officially begun. Besides the office party I went to lunch with my sisters and my mother and my dear friend whose birthday we were celebrating.

It was all fun, and it is always good to see my sisters. We see each other fairly frequently for family gatherings and we all get along pretty well. It wasn't always this way, though, believe me! We've had some pretty rock 'n' roll holidays in the past! I don't miss that. I guess we've mellowed as we've aged.

I have to admit that I don't much feel like socializing this year. I think it must be the hormones from the pregnancy. I just have a very low tolerance for and interest in most of the conversations in which I find myself involved. This really says nothing about the company, because I normally enjoy my family and friends. it's just me.

I think I might try to lay low this Christmas season, just so as not to be a wet blanket thrown on every party. I hate to be the Eeyore in the bunch, walking around with a deflated balloon, metaphorically speaking.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?