Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Ba-da-da da da da da...Feelin' Groovy

I so enjoyed my walk in to work this morning. The sun was bright, the snow was glittering and I just couldn't wipe the smile off my face. It's amazing how some days just seem to be good days, when others are negative from the time you roll out of bed.

Not that I don't have a million very good reasons to be happy: A happy marriage, wonderful kids who are also healthy (thank god), a nice home, a job I enjoy, a good and loving family of people I like and respect, and plenty of friends. Not to mention a bun in the oven!

I am also really enjoying the book I'm reading, The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen. I look forward to the times when I can pick it up, and luxuriate in the experience of reading it. When I see how close I am to the end, I want to slow down and prolong the pleasure! Books rule, man.

When I got to work, I told a friend (who's in her early 50s) that I wanted to play her my new favourite song Hey Ya! by OUT kast. Her response? "I love that CD! I bought if for myself for Christmas!" I want to be this person when I grow up. Her two teenage daughters are lucky to have such a mom.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?