Monday, January 05, 2004

...and a happy new year

Spent new year's eve chillin' with my honey, watchin' Pirates of the Caribbean and having a very tasty beer. Beer tastes better when you only have one in six months! I didn't miss the party action, but then I was pretty tired of the social whirl by December 30th.

Thankfully the latter part of the holiday was very relaxed, with few obligations and lots of reading and playing with my children in the snow.

My new year's resolution? Well, thank you for asking. Besides my ongoing resolutions to improve my self, I decided that his year I am going to try to be more aware of and responsible for our family finances (such as they are!). We are doing all right and are not heavily in debt or behind on any payments or anything, but we treat our bank account like a mysterious entity that grows and shrinks without our knowledge and which likes to surprise us occasionally by emptying completely, just for fun.

I think that it is not too much to ask of myself to keep track of when regular payments go through our account, so that we can know to have enough in there. So far we have never missed a payment, but this is just by sheer dumb luck.

So 2004 is going to be the year when I get to know my finances on a more intimate basis. Who knows, maybe they'll be nicer to me and grow fatter and healthier with a little more attention!




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?