Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Fun Book

Just finished reading a really great little book. It's called Home, by Witold Rybczynski. It discusses the idea of home and of comfort, by looking at the history of house- and interior design over the last five centuries.

I haven't read a whole lot of non-fiction in the last few years, mainly because I've been enjoying fiction so much. But now I'm starting to get to some of the non-fiction works I've been meaning to read. This little book has led me to some other books on design which look interesting, so maybe I'll make that my subject of study for the next little while.

So many books, so little time in a lifetime... Sometimes I think it would be nice to be hermit, shut up in a cave somewhere with only my books for company.

Well...Nah.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?