Monday, January 26, 2004

Go Team!

For the first time, I'm signing my kids up for sports this summer, and I'm surprisingly nervous/excited about it!

My daughter wants to try soccer, and my son wants to try baseball. I hope they enjoy it. I happen to think that my son is a natural athlete, but what parent doesn't think that kind of thing, right? But really, I'd like to get him into gymnastics because he is like, some kind of prodigy of balance. He's four years old and I honestly can't remember him ever falling off of something. And he's a physically adventurous child; like his sister, he loves to climb things and try dangerous things, and I'm the kind of mother (frowned upon by other mothers) who lets her children try stuff, even if they might fall and get hurt, because otherwise how will they learn what they are physically capable of?

So I hope these team sports don't cost a fortune, and I hope it doesn't mean I'll spend all summer carting them around to games. But I think they're gonna have fun; and I think I'm gonna have fun watching them have fun.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?