Monday, January 12, 2004

Meeting Report


The book club meeting was fun. Although I really wasn't a fan of the book we read, talking about it with the others made me appreciate aspects of it that I had kind of overlooked.

I didn't want to go, as I was overcome with a wave of fatigue in the hour or so before I had to leave. Then hubby suggested that a cup of tea might revive me, and it did! Enough to get me out into the bitter freezing cold for my walk up to the host's house. The stars were so bright, and the walk was invigorating, but as usual when it's this cold my body wanted to sleep once I warmed up inside after my walk.

There was a lot of nice chat, and lots of laughs. In short, just the kind of book club meeting that reaffirms my conviction that the book club is a very good thing.

The next book for us is The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. I've read some of it, and look forward to continuing. It's very good.

Thank you, Book clubbers, for a great evening.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?