Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Small pleasures

Reading Bill's blog, I got to thinking about luxuries and self-pampering.

What luxury do you treat yourself to?

I'm really not the kind of person who pampers herself. I only get a haircut twice a year, I wear makeup but don't buy it until the old makeup is all broken and ruined, and then I only buy the cheapest stuff there is. I've never been to a spa; the only massage I ever got was from my sister when she was training in Shiatsu; I've only had one manicure and that was free because my hair salon screwed up my appointment.

So how do I treat myself?

I like baths. I like taking an evening to read a good book. I like a glass of wine. I like an evening watching a video with my husband with a couple of beers and a bowl of popcorn.

Hubby scores points by doing a myriad of little things for me, keeping me feeling pretty spoiled all the time. What does he do?

He makes me Chai lattes from scratch, ie. no teabags, but the actual spices in the pan. He makes me toast with cheese when I'm watching TV. On cold nights he puts a hot-water bottle in the bed before I turn in. He gives great foot massages. He gives lousy back-scratches, but he's generous with 'em. He basically never refuses me anything I ask, so much so that I really think before I ask him to do something, because he never even pauses before saying yes.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?