Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Urk

Totally screwed-up morning.

I was supposed to go on a business trip today. Our team was supposed to meet here at work at 8:25 am to get in a minivan and drive to Ottawa for a day of important meetings.

My taxi arrived ten minutes late, and we got stuck in traffic, so I only got here at 8:40. I waited around the main entrance for 20 minutes, then figured that the others must have left without me because I had been 15 minutes late.

So I go to my desk and phone home, and my husband says, "They're still waiting for you. They'll wait another 5 minutes, then they have to go." By now they (and I) are 45 minutes behind schedule, and I don't know where the hell they are waiting for me, since I didn't see them anywhere.

So I phone my boss's cell and there's no answer. I leave a message.

As you may have guessed, I was waiting at the wrong entrance. I am a complete idiot. I made everybody else 45 minutes late while I was wandering back and forth at the wrong entrance, half a block from where they were.

So now they are on their merry (or grumpy, more likely) way to Ottawa, and I am sitting here at my desk writing a blog entry, feeling like a complete fool and hoping I don't get fired.

Oh, and wanna hear the most embarrassing, but only truly funny, part of it? I'm wearing a new skirt, and when I got out of the cab, my skirt fell down around my ankles! (Fortunately I was wearing a long coat, so wasn't standing there with my ass blowin' in the wind, but still!)

As the Shania Twain song says, it only goes up from here.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?