Monday, February 16, 2004

"Heart-Day" report


Valentine's Day was very nice, with everyone in the family surprising each other with nice gifts, and of course we all received wonderful hand-made gifts from our very creative, very crafts-loving daughter. D. gave me a beautiful necklace and earrings, and a perfect card. He chooses the best cards, and always knows just the right things to write in them.

Yesterday we went to a Valentine's skating party at our local arena. This is a party thrown every year by my daughter's Home and School association. It was fun! Everybody skated around the rink while music played, and there was hot chocolate and snacks for all. I had a huge smile plastered on my face the whole time watching my daughter gamely attempting to skate. All of her little friends were way better than she, but did she let that stop her, or get embarrassed? Hell no! She's so funny, and not a big baby like I was at her age. My son has actually taken skating lessons, so even he was better than she was. It was all very nice, and made me appreciate once again this wonderful community we have moved into.

Back to work. Only six working days left 'til our big event!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?