Monday, February 09, 2004

I came to work late today, after a doctor's appointment, and as I was walking along in this balmy, beautiful weather, I smelled one of the happiest smells in my world: Snow melting on warm sidewalk.

Do you know this smell? For me it is the first reminder that Spring will come, that warm weather does indeed bless this blasted sub-arctic region.

The weekend was great. Beautiful snowy weather and visits with family and friends. Had a work friend and his family over on Saturday for the first time, and the visit went very well. Their kids got on well with ours, the adults had plenty to talk about and apple pie and chai latte to eat and drink. They liked our house, too, which always makes me feel good. I like our house too.

Took my dad out for a birthday lunch on Sunday, which was relaxed and fun. He actually listened to my daughter when she spoke after I drew his attention to the fact that he had failed to do so. They enjoyed one another's company after that; I think he never realized that she could actually have a conversation!

Still not sleeping (boo!), but everything seems to be going well with the pregnancy. And to my utter shock and amazement I found out that I've gained only two pounds in the last month! I was expecting it to be more like ten, so... fries for lunch!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?