Thursday, February 26, 2004

post-mortem

Well, actually I don't feel like a post-mortem. Let's just say it didn't go the way we had hoped, but it wasn't an unmitigated disaster.

What I would like to say is that the party afterwards was totally fun. There were many writers and cultural celebs there, but it was fun just because I was sitting with a group of fun, intelligent, interesting people having a great time. The canapés were fab, all the drinks were free (though I only had one glass of wine), and best of all, D. was there with me and he had a blast. He is good in social situations, although maybe the free mojitos loosened his tongue a tiny bit too much! I don't care. I never care about that kind of thing anymore, and besides, people seem to like D. wherever he goes and seemingly, whatever he says.

And we stayed in a beautiful hotel and had a very good breakfast next day.

And my wonderful sister came to stay with the kids in our absence and they loved it, and she did a great job.

But now I'm totally exhausted and I have a cold. But it's over! Yay!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?