Tuesday, March 30, 2004

How things are

I guess you'd never know it from looking at my own house interior, but I'm very interested in design. I could look at this site all day. Too bad really innovative and/or beautiful design costs so much.

Among everyday objects, Bodum coffeemakers are well-designed. Teapots in general, though often beautiful, are poorly designed; I've yet to meet one that never drips. Most bathroom sinks and most toothbrush holders are poorly-designed. Medecine cabinets and Tupperware containers are usually well-designed.

It's still a little dream of mine that someday I will go back to university and do a degree in design. Then it might lose all appeal, however. There's something exciting about being an amateur, not a professional. But wouldn't it be cool to actually do design (interior, furniture) for a living?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?