Monday, March 01, 2004

Le weekend


This weekend I was, predictably enough, sick. Predictably because whenever I go through a high-stress period in my life, I get sick once it has reached its critical point. I think I got off easy, though. I never had a full-blown cold, just a sinus-infection kind of thing that demanded that I sleep...sleep....SLEEP.

That was kinda nice.

Apart from sleeping I did a few things: made a nice supper; played, got ice cream and rode a toy train with my son; and watched about 90 minutes of the Academy Awards. Yay LOR!

Knowing that there will be far too much talk about the Oscars this morning, I will limit my comments to one topic: I don't like the "look" most of the women were sporting, ie. the shiny, tanned face with flesh-coloured lipstick and wavy platinum hair. Give me a raven-haired beauty with red lips any day, if only to break the monotony!

Best dressed, according to moi: Angelina Jolie looking like a Greek Goddess in white satin. I liked Catherine Zeta-Jones in red (daring, considering the insipid pastels of almost everyone else) and Jennifer Garner in a vintage dress in saffron. Will Smith looked gorgeous, and I swooned over Johnny Depp, as usual.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?