Friday, April 02, 2004

Baby update

I'm starting to get pretty darn excited about this baby. I'm feeling pretty good these days, though my sleep is still not good -- going on four months without a full night's rest; which can't be good.

But I'm still getting a moderate amount of exercise, still eating well and not gaining too much weight (according to my doctor). My son thinks I look hilarious in my underwear, but that's okay. D. is still kind enough to tell me I look beautiful just about every day. I count myself as lucky! Not to mention the fact that the most recent ultrasound shows everything normal with the baby. Of course we never know until he/she is born, but the indications are good, which is all I can ask for now.

I've even managed to narrow down the name choices to two for each sex. I figure when I see the baby I'll know which name goes best.

I am still a little bit scared of the pain, but of course I know that it will be over in a matter of a few hours or days and as long as the baby's okay, that's what counts.

I finish work next Thursday, and I've been told that my friends here will throw a little lunchtime party. Yay! This is an entirely new thing for me: During my other two pregnancies I was self-employed, and so didn't have a work-party or, more importantly (perhaps), maternity-leave benefits! I still can't believe I'm actually going to continue to receive money when I'm at home. What a great feeling of security that gives me. I'm so glad I live in Canada, even though I think "employment insurance" is a huge gouge for the most part. I'm glad it exists, obviously, I just wish more people could benefit from it, seeing as it's their own money that pays the premiums.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?