Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Endings/Beginnings

Today is my second-to-last day at work. It's funny how natural it feels to leave this behind when I get to the end days of the pregnancy. I have no desire to be here, even though I like being here just fine.

Of course it doesn't help that I'm a little bit under the weather, with a headache in its third day and an overpowering urge to sleep.

Tying up loose ends feels kinda good. Now I have to bring all my empty Naya bottles down to the plastic recycling bin in the cafeteria. For some reason I am loath to do this: I guess the last thing I want is one more reason for people to look at me in the corridors and smile.

On the bus this morning I felt an uncomfortable push on my upper right side. I shifted position and touched the spot where the baby was pushing and felt the strangest thing: There was a tangible bump there, and when I ran my fingers over it, I actually felt toes and the balls of a tiny foot! It was bizarre; something that has never happened to me before. I was so shocked I sat there smiling and looking out the window with tears in my eyes. I'll see that little foot with my own eyes before long...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?