Thursday, April 01, 2004

Le poisson est absent


I haven't played any April Fool's jokes today. I'm so disappointed in myself!

I usually play one on D., who is incredibly gullible and fun to fool.

My most successful April Fool's gag was a few years back, and it was so simple and easy I must say it was truly brilliant:

D. gets up in the morning, comes into the kitchen and opens his favourite cereal and pours a heap of it into his bowl. Oh no! Out tumbles a folded up, grotty-looking band-aid with the cereal! Ha ha! He was totally freaked out, calling me into the kitchen to look in horror on this clear violation of all the rules of sanitary food packaging. Hee hee!

Another time, I didn't have anything up my sleeve, so I just stood at the front window while he was in the shower and yelled to him that a parade was going by our house, with elaborate descriptions of what I was seeing out the window, etc. He came out of the shower to check it out and -- April fool's! Okay, that one wasn't brilliant, but for something off-the-cuff it was really pretty funny, and he fell for it completely, despite the fact that there was no possible reason for a parade that day.

So I am kicking myself today for not coming up with anything at all. I mean, with a gullible husband like that you're kind of obliged to pull pranks, aren't you?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?