Thursday, April 01, 2004

On the bright side...

I was part of the opening event for the Blue Metropolis festival yesterday, and it went really really well! I had been wracking my brains all weekend for a way to get out of it, mainly because I'm so pregnant and doing anything extra that might be stressful is so unappealing, but partly because I didn't want to get on stage in front of a crowd of people looking so gigantic!

But it was a really good event; lots of good chat about The Last Crossing , which was the "winning" book of CBC's Canada Reads. I was on a panel with Jim Cuddy of Blue Rodeo and journalist/filmmaker Francine Pelletier and another CBC journalist. I'm glad I could be there.

I was completely ravenous by the time it finished; fortunately there was a plate of sandwiches there, and I had the most delicious portobello mushroom wrap. It's true that "hunger is the best sauce".

Both tummy and brain stimulated and happy. Now that's my definition of a successful afternoon.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?