Monday, September 27, 2004

Warning: baby post

Let me tell you a little about my baby: She's four months old and the size of an average 10-month old. She's fat and she has light brown hair and black eyes that glitter with joy and intelligence. She is, I think, a happy soul and I would say that her desire to communicate has been her most surprising and interesting characeristic since the day she was born. Although she cries, she has never been content to just complain and let me figure out what's wrong. Right from the beginning of her life I have noticed that she is trying to tell me something.

She, more than my others I believe, is incredibly attached to me. Although my bond with all my children has been super-strong since birth, with her it is very obvious that she wants me and as long as I'm there everything is okay. She will tolerate others, and enjoys her dad and brother and sister, but she always has one eye on me. She also responds to my moods, and when I am under stress it shows in her. Her first night, when we were in the hospital, she screamed all night (well, for four hours, but it seemed like all night). It should have been very stressful, as I was sharing a room with 3 other women, and I wasn't on the post-partum ward, so there were not a lot of babies around, but even as she screamed bloody murder I was smiling my head off. I just couldn't get over how cute her little face was. I still sort of giggle when she cries sometimes because she just looks so damn cute. I'm smitten, there's no doubt.

I'm sure it's not for everyone, but I highly recommend having a "bonus baby" when your children are a little older. She feels like such an unexpected gift, and my joy in having her is multiplied by the joy she creates in my other children and in our home.

Okay, that's it. Do not fear; this will not become a baby blog. I just thought I should communicate a little of what is really the biggest thing in my life right now.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?