Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Becca in the 'hood

I'm starting to settle into this stay-at-home thing, and it's niiice. I've started looking through cookbooks as I sip my morning coffee, planning the evening meal. Then I get any missing ingredients while I'm out on my morning walk. This is the way I prefer to shop and cook (and eat). It limits visits to big, non-local stores and it means I cook something I feel like cooking rather than scrambling at the last minute and cooking something really bleh. It also means that I occasionally succumb to the temptation of the phenomenal almond croissants at my local bakery, but only occasionally, so it's cool. Also, there's nothing like it for getting to know your neighbourhood and the people in it. I do miss work sometimes, but... naaah. Not really.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?