Monday, October 25, 2004

Oy

Had to take a little time-out due to a nasty stomach flu that lasted from Wednesday night until last night, 5 days total! It was gross, but man it's good to sleep without guilt. Anyway I'm back now, tho' a little shaky and dehydrated (a condition that makes breastfeeding difficult; this was my biggest worry while I was sick.)

Life in the wide world goes on much as it has this past age. Except that my kids have changed their minds about Halloween costumes. This is not a surprise, of course. Me boy is back to his original plan of being a ghost (I love this kid!), and now U. wants to be a scarecrow. I can handle that.

Yesterday we got a tip-off that there was going to be a little "Halloween parade" down the main street in the village, so the kids went through the tickle-trunk and came up with costumes. U. wore the aforementioned sheep costume, which was a little tight, but what the hell, and me boy went as Frankenstein's monster, with a good mask and a checked shirt over his fall jacket. They looked great for last-minute costumes, and D. donned a chimpanzee mask and took them off to the parade. I sat down to rest and five minutes later they were back! When they got to the parade it turned out to be for pets! Their enthusiasm was not diminished. Wee boy suggested that we parade around the park instead. If I weren't sick, we would have, but D. took them pumpkin picking instead.

I missed out on a lot of fun, beautiful fall weather and five days of Halloween preparation that is an essential part of the yearly round for me. But on the bright side, I got to spend five days in bed with my sweet little baby and so far, noone else in the family has caught this nasty bug. Fingers crossed.

In more consequential news... I think Bush suspects that his time is up. Why else would he ram through billions of dollars in corporate tax cuts in the last days of an election campaign? What voters are going to like that move? He and his "friends" are raiding the pantry before he gets the boot. I'm afraid it's all going to make Kerry look bad when he moves in to a trashed White House.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?