Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Social Misfittery

Went to a friend's playgroup's little halloween party with the baby this morning. It was fun and very cute, and seems like a nice group of people. I was awkward as usual, not talking much to anyone and leaving early to go for a walk with the F-ster. I'm so bad in those situations -- where everyone knows everyone else except me. What's worse is that people tend to interpret my shyness as snobbishness or whatever, instead of just plain shyness. I guess I don't come across as just plain shy, but that's what I am. Okay, maybe I have the odd thought like "Why does this woman need to talk so freakin' loud?" or "Man that's an ugly kid", but doesn't everyone? It doesn't mean I don't want to get to know you! Honest!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?