Monday, November 15, 2004

Memories are made of this


The kids had a Ped day on Friday, and it was such a great day. We relaxed and had a nice morning together. The kids watched the morning kids' shows (public TV only! No commercials!) and then did some crafts while I did the housework and looked after the bairn. Then they tidied up the craft center and their room and got dressed and we all went out to the children's library. We had a bunch of overdue books, and we hung out at the library for quite a while, choosing books in English and French and reading a number of others there on the library floor. The library is right on a wonderful park, so we played in the park for about an hour afterwards. The sun was shining and the air was clear and cold and the birds were exremely excited and noisy (a phenomenon I've witnessed several times over the last couple of weeks. What's up with the birds?)

Then we spent the rest of the afternoon at home. While I checked e-mail and nursed the baby, the kids were downstairs hard at work on the props for a "haunted spooky shelter". They worked for a couple of hours on this project and I just loved listening to them. They supported one another, praised each other's ideas and worked together so nicely. They were so excited and they had to be secretive about it, which added to the cuteness of it. When it was ready I was treated to a tour. It was in their room, and it was really good! The lights were out and my son was hidden behind a sheet hung over the lower bunk bed, making scary sounds and occasionally throwing things from behind the sheet. He had put "scary things" around the room: a stinky sock, a stuffed snake, a glow-in-the-dark rat. My daughter led me by the hand and made me touch gross things, like olives (eyeballs), squished banana (mucus) and something inside a cardboard tube that I didn't recognize.

When hubby got home I led him upstairs to the "haunted, spooky shelter" and he got genuinely scared because my daughter hid in the closet this time and grabbed his arm as he passed. Needless to say the kids had a total blast doing this, and were satisfied that they had scared their parents thoroughly.

It was a happy day, and I'm so crazy about my kids. I couldn't ask for sweeter, more creative, fun people as my children.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?