Tuesday, December 21, 2004


Of face and annus


Poor old Kofi Annan and his annus horribilis. He says that he'll be happy to put his annus behind him (snkk!).

Butt seriously. I refuse to believe anything bad about this man. I think it's no coincidence that the U.N. is getting bad press and ol' Kofi's the subject of evil rumours just after George W.'s re-election. El Presidente is spending his political capital all over the place. Not that the U.N. is perfect, and maybe some of this scandal is well-deserved, but I bet it's not Kofi's fault, even if his son turns out to be involved.

Perhaps making my political judgements based on my feelings and "trusting the face" (I like Kofi's face) is not so terribly astute. But it's a lot less work than actually researching and thinking about it.

Besides, I am rarely wrong about faces. They can tell you a whole lot. Ever met a lady who looks like she just sucked on a lemon who wasn't judgemental and prudish? Think about it!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?