Thursday, January 13, 2005

Poor Baby

Went to the dentist's yesterday, for a triple appointment for me and the two kids. The baby, who is 8 months old now, really didn't like seeing two strangers going at her mommy with strange metal implements that whirr and spray. At least I think that's why she was a basket case for most of my cleaning and polishing. Once I could cuddle her she was in good spirits again, but breathing those heartbreaking jagged breaths while sucking her little thumb.

Speaking of thumb-sucking: My daughter who's 7 might need braces in a couple of years because her thumb-sucking ('til she was 5) has given her an overbite. I'm still hopeful that it will correct itself but we'll see... On the upside, no cavities in any of our mouths, and we're all "good brushers", a dentist complement that makes me feel inordinately proud. I guess I'm kinda starved for positive feedback now that I'm a stay-at-home mom; not enough people telling me how smart, funny and well-dressed I am here... I'll take the tooth-bushing thing and milk that for a while I guess. **siiiigh**

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?