Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Amnesia

My high school reunion is approaching. It will be held in June and it's the 20th (!) anniversary. I went to the Class of '85 web site today to see if I could get some details and got sucked in to a couple of the alumni bios on the site. They had pictures. Well, you know what? I don't remember anyone! Why is that? Everyone else seems to remember people from high school; why not me? Is it selective amnesia? Is it because I'm practically blind and never wore my glasses when I was a teenager? Or was it because I was mean to people and my conscience won't allow me to remember it?

I'm afraid to go to this thing -- seriously. It will be like falling into a black hole and seeing a whole lot of strange faces, inexplicably curious and angry at the same time.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?