Monday, February 21, 2005

Glass half-full


The weekend was so-so. Saturday was a little difficult. I had what I call a "walking migraine", ie. a crushing headache with stomach upset and heightened sensitivity to sound and light and everything else, but something I've lived with for so long I don't go to bed when they strike anymore. That afternoon we went to my nephew's 2nd birthday party and had a very nice time. He is so damn cute, and I always love to see my family, and my dad gave me and my two sisters each a beautiful scarf before he left, which was sweet. The headache was dulled by the time of the party, but left me feeling like my head and the backs of my eyes had been scrubbed with a metal brush. That evening I watched Before Sunrise and loved it so much that I actually exclaimed "I love this movie!" aloud to nobody (D. was at hockey) while watching it.

Sunday was not bad: church and breakfast out and house cleaning. D. had to stand in line(s) to register the kids for summer soccer and then rush home and actually take them to soccer practice and do groceries before picking them up again. So I'd say I got the better deal yesterday.

But another weekend went by without cleaning my bedroom, returning empty cans and bottles, cleaning out the bookcase, clearing the top of the microwave (our exposed "junk drawer") and satisfying my neurotic desire to clear away the clutter. Seeing my sister's tidy, beautiful house didn't help my feelings of low self-esteem. But I'm happy for her :-)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?