Monday, February 14, 2005

Something a little different

Went out last night for the first time since the baby was born nine months ago. I was working, but it was at a taping of a spoken-word show at the Sala Rossa on St-Laurent. What a fun show! It was pretty fantastic, with some great poetry and music and a beautiful vibe in the (packed) house. I can't believe I'll get paid for it!

I was getting very anxious towards the end of the night, feeling that I had been away from my baby for too long. It's a strange thing, I know, and probably unwarranted, but I was glad to get home and see her shining face, sleeping peacefully. She's sick again, so I felt extra guilty going out, but she was okay. I was able to put her to bed myself before I left, so it was basically the perfect work gig.

She's not having such a good time these days. She's had two accidents and a long bout with one or several colds. Poor baby. She's always in good spirits though, thank de good lawd.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?