Thursday, March 24, 2005

I'm so gooood

Yay me. The sun shining through my windows has had many beneficial effects on me and my family. However, it also points up the sore need for a thorough house cleaning. Well, that probably ain't gonna happen, but I did wash all the floors today while the baby was down for her morning nap.

Washing floors is one of those jobs I don't do often enough, so that by the time I determine the need for it, it really does need doing. The benefit of this is a true ense of satisfaction when the job is done -- a transformation through water and soap! (and elbow grease)

In other domestic news, the big beautiful tree in our front yard has been cut down. It was sick, and was condemned to death two weeks ago. It looked so sad wearing its orange ring like a rattling chain around its trunk, signalling its status on death row.

Now it's resting in pieces on our driveway. I asked the tree killers to give me a piece of the trunk so that we could make a bench for the children. Sadly, he cut me the piece with that painted orange ring on it. Oh well. As my 5-year-old son said to comfort me: "Everything has to die, Mummy." Now we will have that orange ring as a reminder of that fact.

I'm looking forward to nurturing the new baby tree that will be planted in its place. It will grow big along with my children, inshallah.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?