Thursday, April 07, 2005

Farewell to all of that (money)

Goodbye E.I.!

This is the last week of my eligibility for maternity payments. It's been quite wonderful receiving a paycheque while I stayed home to look after my baby and my other children. I had never had that luxury (of being paid for it) with my other babies, and I am so grateful to live in a country and a province where time with one's baby is valued so much. Now, if only we weren't expected to automatically ship them off to daycare centres the moment they turn one year old...

My baby is sitting beside me eating a piece of cardboard right now, as I type a blog post. That's the kind of good parenting they're paying me for, and I deserve every penny dammit!

Book clubbers, take note: There is an e-mail for you today, from moi. Please respond ASAP so we can get the next meeting organized. Taverymuch.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?