Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Life and Real Estate

Talked with my neighbour yesterday. She's very emotional about her decision to sell her house, but I can see that she's excited too. It's such a huge move for a 90-year-old! It just goes to show that life never stops changing and asking you to grow and change with it.

At the other end of the life-scale, my beautiful baby is going to turn one year old in 10 days. I can scarcely believe it. She is big and healthy and happy, talking all the time, though only a tiny portion of her speech is intelligible to me. She's still bald, and her face hasn't changed much since she was about 5 months, so it's a little hard to believe she's already almost a 1-year-old. I hope we have some nice weather coming our way by the time her birthday is here; I want to have her party in the back yard, so she can crawl around and get real dirty.

Oh, and back to my neighbour: She told me what her asking price is going to be, and it's a very encouraging thing for us, as our house is almost exactly the same: It's a little less than 2 and a half times what we paid for ours 3 years ago. Not a bad little investment, eh? I believe house prices in this area are going to keep going up, barring any nasty surprises (like a referendum!). The English super-hospital is moving to NDG, and we're not close enough to be bothered by the traffic and negative sides of that, but we're only a 2-minute train ride from what I imagine will be its doors.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?