Monday, April 25, 2005

What I did on my weekend

We had an enforced weekend of rest and relaxation, and it was quite a lovely time.

Saturday was all wind and rain, so we stayed indoors most of the day and relaxed in an unfocused way. That kind of got on my nerves by the afternoon, so the kids and I spent an hour or so doing a really good clean-up of their bedroom. It looks great now, and I've bought a couple of new lampshades that seem to make everything around them look better. A good investment of 20 bucks!

Sunday wasn't so rainy -- just a little dreary for the early part of the day. The kids and I went to church in the morning and after lunch we relaxed indoors again. Then U. and I walked out to do a little shopping for a few necessaries. One of our purchases was a long skipping rope which we put to good use the rest of the afternoon. I turned that thing for about two straight hours while the girls from up and down the street came out to jump, or "danse", as the romantic translation would have it. The boys of the street went up and down the sidewalks on their scooters, swooshing through puddles and rescuing worms when they weren't inadvertently slicing them in half with their scooter wheels.

That was a great afternoon, very reminiscent of my own childhood afternoons, with the smells of suppers cooking in the various houses and parents coming out to call kids in to the evening meal (except for one parent, who was turning the skipping rope and learning songs about teddy bears and Cinderella). I do love this place.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?