Saturday, April 23, 2005

Who wants to live next to us???

I have just had a phone call from my next-door neighbour, an amazing woman who will turn 90 this July. She has been having trouble lately getting around, and has had to get help keeping her house clean. She tells me that she has decided to sell the house and move to a condo.

I think it's the right decision, and I'm happy for her. But of course I'm apprehensive for us. We live in a semi-detached with this nice lady, and I really hope the next neighbours there are as friendly (and quiet? Probably impossible!) as she is. Perhaps the best thing about her as a neighbour is that she's almost totally deaf! She often says to us "You know, I never hear a thing from your place!" Aaaah, that's the perfect neighbour for a family with three kids.

So if anyone reading this is thinking of buying, or knows someone who is, come on down and have a look at her place. We're very happy with ours, and hers is the same, just a mirror-image of it.

I wish I could buy it. My daughter has always said that that's where she'll live when she moves out of our home. Wouldn't that be nice?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?