Monday, May 16, 2005

20th reunion update

A while back, I wrote a couple of posts about my indecision about whether to attend my 20th high school reunion. Well, I dithered about it and finally just let the deadline for RSVPs pass by, deciding (thru indecision) not to go.

Then a phone call from a former classmate: a bubbly, funny girl then and a bubbly, funny woman (and Mtl radio DJ) now. She convinced me, by bringing up names of former friends, that I should take advantage of the extended deadline and come to the reunion, dammit. Actually, I won't be going to the reunion proper (which costs $65 and sounds like a bit of a drag), but to the evening-before reception at a West Island tavern.

This led me to e-mail my best friend from high school, who is not really a friend anymore, per se, but we keep in distant touch; she lives in Moncton. Well, she hadn't known about the reunion and is now thinking about going, and she's moving back to Mtl in early June, and wants to see me and the family and catch up.

So things are happening -- in mysterious ways.

I also got a big ol' tax refund, so we can buy a new front and garage door for the house. And it's my birthday in 2 days and my 10th wedding anniversary this coming Friday. Good things abound!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?