Friday, May 20, 2005

Cement shoes for Gomery?

Okay, I haven't seen or heard this mentioned in any of the mainstream media, so I'm wondering: Am I the only person who thinks that the Liberal party in Quebec appears (judging from testimony at the Gomery commision) to be run by the Mafia?

I don't think I'm being racist when I assume that ex-cabinet minister and ambassador Alfonso Gagliano has ties to the Mafia. It's not (just) because he's Italian; it's because he's obviously a crook who had the governing party in his back pocket. And now we've heard that a bunch of other guys with Italian-sounding names were described as being the "real bosses" of the party. WTF?

What I want to know is, when and how did Chretien and Co. lose control of their party and hand it over to these guys, and in exchange for what? I think the advertising contracts are only the tip of the iceberg: Let's look at all the construction and development contracts handed out by Chretien and his cronies.

Or maybe we don't wanna know. Maybe government, like organized crime, is best left to the professionals.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?