Friday, May 27, 2005

Hmmm...

This morning when we got up, we saw that there were two dead squirrels lying on our driveway (one a baby having his eyes pecked out by a gigantic crow. Nice.). When I finally screwed up the courage to go out with a spade and a garbage bag to dispose of them, my next-door neighbour came out and told me there was another dead adult in his back yard. (He got rid of all three, after he saw what a 'fraidy-cat I was. Embarrassing, but better than having to do it myself.)

What do you think killed them? They didn't seem to have been injured in any way, and a witness saw one of them in the stages of dying, saying it was staggering around. My theory is a poisonous plant that has recently bloomed. Any other theories out there, or reports of similar occurences in the city?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?