Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Hot heat n' bikinis

Haven't posted for a few days due to extreme heat and confusion and general fugginess.

This past weekend was quite good -- sort of a social whirl, whch suited me just fine. Friday evening was our book club meeting. After a 45 minute giggle-inducing drive around all of the surrounding neighbourhoods, my friend D. and I arrived at the home of another club member in high spirits. I enjoyed the meeting very much -- a couple of beers and some good conversation about the mystery genre and the various lives and opinions of our friends.

Then on Saturday our family was invited to the 40th birthday bash of my newest friend and neighbour. She's a very cool and interesting person, and her party did not disappoint. The theme was green and white, and she had decorated her house appropriately and had lots of delicious food and lovely drinky-poos on hand. She had rented little tables and chairs and turned her living room into a sort of bistro. I wore a rather sexy lime green dress that I thought I would never wear, and had a great time, meeting new people and enjoying good conversation and laughs. I met: a single mom from Jersey who's having a hard time on her own but making it work; a lawyer couple and an accountant couple, and a 68-year-old lesbian who is a cousin of the fellow who wrote "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka-dot Bikini". You just never know who you're gonna meet. It was thoroughly enjoyable.

Sunday was the shrivelled cherry on top of the stifling-hot weekend, so we went to the pool. This was our first time this summer, and it made me glad once again that I bought a family membership. I love our neighbourhood pool. Happily, so does the baby, and she looked pretty squishy in her teeny weeny bikini, that she wore for the first time that day.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?