Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Wares

At work again. What's kind of galling about this experience is that, while it is nice to be here and see all my friends, I have to go around "showing my face" to the right people in order to get hired for freelance work in the future. The idea is "out of sight, out of mind" as far as freelancers go here, and my long absence means I'm pretty far out of mind.

This sticking my head in doors and saying "Hey, I'm here! Think of me when you need someone to research or whatever!" kind of goes against the grain for me. I wouldn't say that I'm a paragon of sincerity or whatever, but I don't like to have conversations with an ulterior motive. Aren't I so wonderful that they should just want me, without my having to make an effort?

Sigh. 'Tis the life of the freelancer, I guess, and I'd better get used to it. Selling myself may become second nature to me someday, but I hope not. I have trouble even convincing myself.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?