Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Constant state of flux

So much has changed since my last blog post! I worked 4 days last week, and it was very difficult for everyone involved. The end result was that my babysitter and I agreed that, since the work situation is completely different from what we had originally thought, we should dissolve our arrangement. So I now have no child care and thus cannot work outside the home. I've informed the powers at work that if I can't have something steady I can't work at all.

I feel quite sanguine about it all; I have felt for a while now that I am meant to move on to other things. And the babysitting arrangement always made me uncomfortable, as she is my neighbour and our kids are good friends, and I don't like to be in a "financial transaction" with a friendly neighbour -- too much can go wrong and very nearly did.

I really want to do the freelance writing thing, but several very promising leads have not yet produced any real work. Still, I feel that staying home is the best thing for me, especially for the summer, and I'm confident that I can drum up some work.

On the brighter side, we've rented a 31-foot trailer in a campground just outside Sandbanks Provincial Park for 7 days in August! Our first real family vacation! I'm so jazzed about this: The campground has a beach, boats (fishing), hiking and biking, a store and a common room with games and TV and stuff. Sandbanks is about a 5-minute boat ride or 10-minute drive away. Everyone I talk to tells me that Sandbanks is a fantastic vacation place for families, as close as we can get to an oceanfront experience in central Canada. We were lucky to get this trailer, as everything in the area gets booked 5 months in advance. Yay! No tent for me! Hooray for fridges and toilets and showers and pots and pans provided! All we have to bring is sheets and towels and clothes and food and fishing rods.

I think even I can manage that.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?