Friday, July 29, 2005

Gearing Up

If I'm gonna be a freelance writer, I've got to upgrade my hardware and my internet connection.

I swallowed my bile and ordered high-speed from Bell, despite my utter hatred for the way they've treated me in the past, not to mention the $10 delivery fee (!) and the wait of 5 working days (!) to get the friggin' software. I'm giving them my business and they're charging me an abitrary amount to send something to me by regular post. Nice service, you fuckers. (Not you fuckers, those fuckers -- at Bell)

I am also going tomorrow to buy a laptop. I have no money and must go into debt to do this, but a new computer is long overdue and I'll make it back in work and write it off as a business expense, or some of it anyway.

I'm wading in to the waters of high technology. Wish me luck! I'm still holding out against the cell phone, though. It would take a lot of convincing to get me there.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?