Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Misc

Watched a good film last night: I Heart Huckabees. Have you seen it? I've been curious about it since it came out, but only got to it because D. brought it home to watch while I was at Mamma Mia. He liked it so much he watched it again with me. I laughed out loud quite a few times, which is rare enough, but I really enjoyed some of the performances, particularly those of Lily Tomlin (and I don't worship her) and Dustin Hofmann (who I tend to think is overrated). Jude Law always leaves me cold. Marky Mark was awesome, as always. I love that manly man.

Mamma Mia was a lot of fun. I got picked up in a limo, with my mom and 3 of my sisters inside. We went down to PDA and, since we were early, went for a couple of pitchers at a seedy nearby brasserie that I love. Classy broads, eh? We were all dressed to the nines and I had had my hair done, so I felt pretty glam. The show itself was fun to watch, but much less professional than I expected and, well, badly choreographed and the sound was bad. It was not far from an amateur production and I would have been sorely disappointed if I had paid for my own ticket; they're very pricey! And really, for that price, I think one guy on a keyboard is a bit of a rip-off, musically.

However, we had a blast, and the curtain calls had everyone on their feet dancing. They should do a whole show of those numbers!

There is nothing like having a limo to pick you up and take you home on a night out. I've always said that if I ever have the money to hire staff, a driver would be my first hire. That fantastical assertion was confirmed on Saturday night.

Last but not least: I got a freelance contract! I got the call on Friday and went to sign the contract yesterday. It's with a very big, reputable outfit and the job is right up my artsy-fartsy alley. It honestly couldn't be better. The money's very good and there's a potential for more work if this goes well. Hooray! Sitting around on my ass has paid off! (Not true: I had hustled for this work about 3 weeks ago. It just took a while to happen.) Much love to my friend at work who talked me up to the woman who hired me. I'm very grateful to SG!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?