Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Probably a bad idea

The weekend featured 2 -- count 'em -- 2 birthday parties for my daughter. She's got 2 pretty distinct groups of friends, and I didn't want to do the home party with both groups together because I wanted to keep it fairly small and simple. So she took a couple of girlfriends from school out to play mini-putt, then they came back for a spot of lunch and cake. The next day was the backyard party with her neighbourhood friends. That was pretty simple, but felt hectic because I hadn't prepared enough ahead of time. But it was just chips and cheesies and peanut butter sandwiches and juice and some games and cake and presents. Fun.

Sleepless

I have been suffering one of my regular bouts of insomnia lately. This is partly due to the fact that I knew that I would have to work 4 days this week. That's very complicated because it's not a regular thing, so I have to make all kinds of arrangements to make sure everyone and everything is taken care of while I'm away at work. So my mind does somersaults. Insomnia is a part of my life, and I try to take it in stride, but it sucks because I do get cranky eventually.

Old-school

I saw my best friend from high school last week. She came over and visited a little. She's recently moved back to Montreal from the maritimes and seems (maybe) to want to be friends again. I would like that, but I'm not quite sure of what she wants. She was standoffish for a few years but that might have been due to a controlling boyfriend who is no longer around. Anyway, I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude with that, but I was certainly pleased to see her again.

In the end I didn't go to my high-school reunion, by the way. I meant to, but got confused as to the date and booked a babysitter for the wrong night! Oh well; I'm not sorry I missed it. I was ambivalent about it and probably screwed up in a subconscious attempt to subvert my own plan to go.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?