Friday, July 22, 2005

Warning: Baby Post

I know, I know. But if people can blog about their cats, I can be permitted the occasional post about my own flesh and blood, right?

She's pretty hilarious these days, making me laugh with her uncanny resemblance (in gestures and sounds) to a chimp. She sort of extends her neck to look at things and says "Ooo-ooo" a lot, and laughs and smacks things (until I tell her to be gentle, when she awkwardly strokes those same things, like flowers or her brother's hair, or an orange). She follows ants around, saying "Oooooo!", trying to poke them with her little index finger.

I'm amazed at her speech. Her vocabulary is very impressive now, and every now and then she'll come out with a new word, perfectly pronounced. Last evening she said "Tee-ger" when looking at a glass with Tigger on it. Strangely, most of the time she will then incorproate that same word into her vocabulary, but might never pronounce it so perfectly again. That's what she did with "birdy". Now it doesn't sound like birdy at all, but I know what she means. She calls herself "Na-na".

She gets less shy as time goes by, and she even likes to make strangers laugh. She's a joker, like her siblings (and her parents) and she also eats like a little hog, so i'd say she's fitting in well with this family. I'm glad she decided to join us.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?