Wednesday, August 03, 2005

All things pass

My fridge went on the fritz yesterday, necessitating a visit from the repairman, to the tune of more than 100 bucks. I had to rope my friend Maggie, who just came for a cup of tea, into helping me bring meat to our neighbours' houses to keep in their freezers. After Maggie had gone I had the nasty task of cleaning up the kitchen; everything had been moved around and the floors were filthy. Try keeping a happy crawling baby away from the kitchen while it's dirty and then for longer while you're mopping the floors. Maybe I should've used the playpen, but that only occured to me as I was writing that last sentence, which is a little late.

It appears my next-door neighbour sold her house today. She tells me the couple are very nice. They work for the Chinese government and English is their second language. That's all I know. I'm happy for her but sad to know that she will indeed be leaving us in the end. Let's hope the new neighbours are as nice as she seems to think they are.

We'll be celebrating my son's 6th birthday this weekend. It hardly seems possible that he's so big already. I feel all nostalgic when I look at him lately; there is something uniquely beautiful about a little boy. Somehow he just seems to embody young childhood. His perfection is painful because it's so fleeting.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?